GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT FORM SUBMISSION
- Abstracts are invited from all the registered delegates of NAPCON 2018 for presenting research studies and case reports in the field of Pulmonary Medicine.
- Presenting author must be a registered delegate for NAPCON 2018.
- Presenting author must be the first author of the abstract.
- An author/presenter may submit more than one abstract for presentation, however their acceptance and consideration is subject to decision of the SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE of NAPCON 2018.
- A maximum of 3 abstracts may be accepted by same presenting author.
- Last date of abstract submission is extended till 30th October 2018.
- Those who wish their abstracts to be considered for the Award sessions should clearly indicate in which Award session they are contesting.
- Only Structured abstracts as per given format will be considered.
- ABSTRACT must contain original Data.
- ABSTRACT should be typed with single spaces, in English, using at least a font size of 10 points, within the designated space not exceeding 250 characters.
- The maximum characters permitted in the title are 15. The body of the abstract should be in an order as follows:
- Aims & Objectives
- Materials & Methods
- Authors Name should be listed with initials and their surname. Not more than 5 authors can be included for the abstract. In case of more than 5 authors, only the first 5 names will be considered.
- Do not include title, authors name and name of the institution in the body of the abstract.
- Name of the presenting author should be in bold type.
- Photographs / Images / other insertions will not be accepted as part of the Abstract.
- Please proofread the abstract carefully for factual and spelling errors. The spelling of authors names, the name of institution will appear in the Abstract Book as submitted.
- Standard abbreviations are acceptable. Uncommon abbreviations must be inserted in parenthesis, followed by the full term in text. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility.
- Financial disclosures if any should be mentioned at the end of the abstract.
- ABSTRACT having a major impact on clinical practice or Scientific reasoning only will be accepted by the committee. The study & reasons reported should be novel and not simply expansion of previously published work. Committee reserves the right to allocate ABSTRACT to either Oral or Poster Presentation.
Presenter for NCCP (I) – Prof. Dr. S. N. Gaur Young Scientist Award session and ICS – Dr. J. C. Kothari Young Scientist Award session should not be more than 35 years of age as on 29th November 2018.
Guidelines For Paper Poster Presentation:
The poster should be a visual presentation of your submitted abstract and should meet the following criteria
- Size : the poster must be in a flex of 4 X 3 feet.
- Title : should be the same as submitted in abstract
- Orientation : portrait style.
- Lettering : the poster should be easily readable at a distance of two meters. Avoid using mixture of type/font style.
- Title : include the title of your presentation at the top of the poster. Title should be short and concise. It should be followed by names of author and co-authors. Name of the presenter should be underlined. Name of the institution and university should follow next.
- Headings : font size of 48 to 60 is recommended.
- Content : font size of 24 to 32 with single spacing is recommended. The text should be concise and easy to read. The message that you intend to give should be clear and understandable without the requirement of oral explanation.
The poster of original study should be structured under the headings of Introduction, Aims and objectives, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusion, followed by a short list of references.
The poster of case report should be structured under the headings of introduction, case report, discussion and conclusion, followed by a short list of references.
E-Poster Format Guidelines :
The presentations will be facilitated with the use of an electronic poster board, on which you will upload your poster prior to the meeting date.
Guidelines to complete your poster:
- File type : PDF
- Pixel : 1920*1080 Pixel
- Ratio : 8*4.5(h)
- Orientation : landscape
- Language : English
Oral Presentation Guidelines:
Time: 6 minutes for presentation + 2 minutes for questions Presentation will terminate automatically after 6 minutes the presentation will be judged on-
- Oratory Skills
- Review Of Literature
- Relevance to Clinical Practice
- Time Management.
We advise the participants to limit their powerpoint presentations to 10 slides.
The decision of the SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE of NAPCON 2018 will be FINAL and BINDING regarding abstract acceptance and presentation.
In case of any query, Please write to us on “email@example.com” or you can contact us on – (M) Dr Smit patel – 7878167950, Dr Pyarpinkesh – 8469221132
We look forward to welcome you at NAPCON 2018!Abstract-Form